At no cost, really, the ingredients to make this homemade spray cleaner are most likely already in your house. For the past 2 years, and ever since I made it the first time, I have not bought any countertop cleaner. It cleans very well and gives the granite a clean shine. All you need is a microfiber cloth, and the following:
- 450 ml spray bottle
- 1/3 cup rubbing alcohol
- Distilled water
- 2 drops of dish soap
- Essential oils, optional
- Pour 1/3 cup of rubbing alcohol into the spray bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water.
- Add 2 drops of dish soap.
- Optional: You may also add a few drops of essential oils to the mix. Do not use any citrus. You can try: lavender, tea tree oil, peppermint, rosemary, and eucalyptus for example.
- After you screw the top onto the spray bottle, shake it well.
To clean your countertops, spray the mix on your granite and wipe with a microfiber cloth. It will dry very quickly in front of your eyes.
++DO NOT use lemon and lime essential oils, or vinegar to clean granite countertops, as they could damage the granite.
++You can also use this cleaner for marble countertops.